As science and technology continues to march forward, the advancements made tend to expand outward to each segment of society. For example, the personal cosmetic industry continues to see regular innovation as a result of the development of a better understanding of medicine and human physiology .
While the search for better and more effective cosmetics can seem like consumers are searching for a better mousetrap, manufacturers often do create innovative and effective cosmetics.
Enter a product like Dermaflage Topical Perfecting Filler.
What is Dermaflage Topical Perfecting Filler?
Dermaflage (pronounced like camouflage) is a topical imperfection filler. Ultimately, it’s designed to be a better form of skin treatment and make-up.
It was created by Hollywood make-up artist and prosthetic specialist Matt Singer to provide the scar concealment solution that consumers, dermatologists, and plastic surgeons have been requesting.
Singer developed DermaFlage with the express intent of being a simple, healthy and effective tool that any one can use to provide a better form of scar concealment. It’s a silicone-based topical treatment that is used to fill-in scars, abrasions, lesions, or other forms of skin imperfections that many people suffer from.
The Topical Perfecting Filler package includes several packages of the silicone-based filling agent, a mechanical applicator, and skin tone matching make-up.
How Does It Work?
Dermaflage is designed to be a simple 3-step process.
- Apply the included primer powder to your skin. Let it dry for 30 seconds.
- Use the included Dermaflage applicator to put silicone-based Dermaflage mixture onto the surface of scarred skin. Using a finger or a spatula, apply smooth, even strokes to even out the the edges of the applied mixture. Hurry, though, as the mixture dries pretty quickly.
- Press one of the included skin texture pads onto the treated area. Apply gentle pressure for at least 60 seconds while the product sets. After this time passes, remove the pad, and DermaFlage will fully harden after five minutes.
Click here and WATCH THE VIDEO on how to apply Dermaflage.
This unique product is billed as being the halfway point between make-up and cosmetic surgery, Dermaflage Topical Protecting Filler is available in multiple shades, each designed to be mixed to fit different ethnic skin tones, making it a solution for consumers of every background. There are several other benefits of DermaFlage:
- DermaFlage’s unique composition makes it a waterproof cosmetic solution that won’t run or streak when worn.
- It’s silicone base gives wearers a natural appearance, as silicone moves with the skin, and is translucent. This allows your natural undertones to shine, making it easier for you to create a perfect match for your skin tone. This also gives the added benefit of avoiding an artificial, caked-on look.
- Do away with the need to constantly re-apply your make-up – it lasts for 36 hours per application, making it a truly set it and forget it solution.
Does It Work?
In a word, yes… Dermaflage does exactly what it promotes on the packaging- it conceals unsightly scarring with the use of healthy and clear silicone-based topical fillers. It’s a perfect solution for someone who has some mild scarring that they would like to conceal for a special occasion, or even regular, daily use.
And the fact that it’s based on medical-grade silicone gives the Topical Protecting Filler a really remarkable long-lasting and quality feel. After spending some time with the product, I can say that the pros far outweigh the cons.
- Long-lasting – each application lasts up to 36 hours. It’s also water-proof, so your Dermaflage application can be worn while swimming, working out, or just caught in a rainstorm
- Effective – the Topical Protecting Filler effectively fills in multiple imperfections.
- Naturalistic – the Topical Protecting Filler is translucent, so it allows your skin’s natural coloring to show through. It also bends with your skin, so there is no peeling or cracking to worry about. And you never have to worry about that horrible caked on look with Dermaflage. It goes easily, leaving a smooth, organic looking surface.
- Easy to remove – The process of removing of your applied make-up couldn’t be easier. Simply find the edge of the treatment, and gently pull away the filler.
- Learning curve involved to use it effectively
- Silicone blend dries quickly
What Other People Are Saying?
There are reviews and testimonials made on external site, Dermstore.com. Overall the respondents gave it a 4 stars our of 5. Many of them are “verified purchaser” which signifies reviews are written by real customers who has bought and used the product itself. You can be sure these reviews are credible.
Below are some of the comments made on Dermaflage:
- “Once I figured it out I was very pleased!!! It works beautifully and I don’t leave the house without it on!”
- “Love this product! I use it to cover some acne scars on my nose and a skin cancer surgery scar across the top of my nose.”
- “It takes practice to use this product, but is well worth the patience needed for a flawless cover.”
- “It covers up what makeup cannot.”
- “and now that bothersome scar is barely noticeable and I feel so much better about the way I look.”
Any Complaint or Dissatisfied Customers?
I have checked up on forums and Amazon. A common complaint is that the silicon blend dries too fast and if you apply it incorrectly, you will have to re-do it again. (which I mentioned in the cons earlier)
Some users also commented that it takes some practice to use Dermaflage with ease. Because of that, it will cause wastage. There will be a learning curve in the beginning.
However most of them said that once you get the hang of using it, it is worth it and covered the scars very well.
Is There Any Money Back Guarantee?
Yes, it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. You will need to complete a form for a Return Authorization Code and ship the item back to them within the 30 days. Once they received your return, they will issue credit to your card which you have used to make the purchase initially.
Where to Buy?
You can buy Dermaflage directly from its official site Dermaflage.com. The starter kit costs $50.00 which can last approximately 2-3 months. For US customers, shipping fees is $6.50 for standard delivery. They also offer international shipping to most countries. Click here for more information.